Duties and Responsibilities:
- Enforces codes and local ordinances as adopted by the Selma City Council.
- Receives and record complaints of city code violations from citizens, the Mayor, and city council members.
- Surveys city neighborhoods to identify unreported code violations.
- Determines property owners by checking property files, tax rolls, and real estate data.
- Takes pictures of code violations for record purposes.
- Informs owners of requirements of city codes and seek voluntary compliance
- Identifies abandoned/dilapidated houses and overgrown lots.
- Identifies abandoned vehicles.
- Identifies litter/dumping area/sites and issues garbage citations.
- Maintains a list of demolished structures.
City of Selma
Code Enforcement Department
222 Broad Street
PO Box 450
Selma, AL 36702
Monday-Friday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm